Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Red Box Recipes - Fry Pan Pizza ~

Because you friends are so special to me - and so are these recipes - I'm starting a new "feature" here called "Red Box Recipes".  So what are those?  They are a lot of very special recipes that have been carefully and lovingly stored - on handwritten recipe cards - in a slightly battered, somewhat-falling-apart dear old red box - by my late Mom.  So in a sense - I'm doing this as a tribute to her, too - because she was one fabulous cook!  And my very dearest friend as well as . . .well,  the best Mom a girl ever had!!!!!!  I grew up on these recipes - some of them date back to the 1930's - nothing like some good old-fashioned deliciousness!! 
So here is the first recipe -

Fry Pan Pizza

2 Tablespoons shortening - to grease a cold skillet.

Ingredients -

1-1/2 Cups Bisquick
3/4 Cup Milk
Mix these together, and spread in the skillet.

Top with -
1/2 pound meat
1 small can of mushroom pieces - cut up
1 can tomato paste
Oregano and Romano Cheese on top

Bake 10 - 15 minutes at 325 degrees in skillet, or 25 - 30 minutes on pizza pan in oven.

We had this many times on Saturdays, as a special treat!  I can still see my Mom putting it all together over her electric skillet - good times!!!  Hope you enjoy it, too!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving that sweet comment! This recipe sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Wade Harper (suzy)January 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM

    Some of us are culinary challenged....shoulda told me to cook the meat first..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Heirloom Seeds