Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Old Roses By The Farmhouse Porch ~


These lovely old-fashioned roses grace the porch and steps at my grandparents farmhouse.
There is just something charming about them -
and about the old steps -
they've always been a favorite of mine.

I guess it's because of the precious memories they invoke -
I have such happy memories of our family farm -
and of gatherings on the porch with
loved ones.
Aunts, uncles, cousins, my parents -
and of course our "four-legged family" -
Old Shep - a sweet collie who was my Grandpa's farm and cattle herding dog -
and Old Susie - a three-legged dynamo of a hunting dog who was also guardian, adventurer, and bestest buddy to me all rolled into one!

So, what places are special in your heart?
Would love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Heirloom Seeds